The attorneys at Elder & Watkins like to compare their work to preventive medicine. Their planned move to a more customer-friendly space should be just what the doctor ordered. On Sept. 1, Elder & Watkins will open for business at 113 Second Street, two blocks from...read more
The attorneys at Elder & Watkins, P.C. are passionate about obtaining the best results possible for each client. Meeting those needs requires taking the time to listen and understand fully each client’s individual situation. Just as the client’s needs are one of a kind, the solutions are as well. It requires insight and creativity to match the solution to the situation, which is exactly the Elder & Watkins approach.
Elder & Watkins, P.C. was established in December of 2016 when Gary Elder and David Watkins, both experienced attorneys in Southside Virginia, decided to form a partnership that could offer the type of personalized, efficient legal representation their clients sought. In January of 2018, the firm expanded by adding Matt Friedman, who had previously served as an Assistant Attorney General for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Areas of Practice
- Residential Closings
- Commercial Closings
- Property Litigation (Including Easements, Boundary Line Disputes, etc.)
- Traffic Defense
- Defense of all misdemeanor and felony offenses
Business Law and Formation
- Formation of LLCs
- Formation of Stock Corporations
- Formation of 501(c)(3) organizations
- Service as general counsel to local businesses
- Preparation of Wills
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Medical Directives
- Estate administration and litigation
- Automobile Accidents
- Workplace Related Injuries
- Property Settlement Agreements
- Child Custody
Elder & Watkins has experience in
a variety of different legal areas.